- ARRIVE IN SANKRI
- SANKRI – JUDA KA TAAL
- JUDA KA TAAL – KEDARKANTHA BASE CAMP
- KEDARKANTHA BASE CAMP- KEDARKANTHA- HARGAON CAMP
- HARGAON-SANKRI- DEHRADUN
Report in Sankri by late afternoon. Check into Base Camp Tented accommodations or Guest house or home stay will be on sharing basis, Evening Tea Snacks and Dinner will be served.
After a short walk of 10 mins on the road towards Taluka there is a small trail going up in the thick pine forest. There are small huts nearby. If in doubt ask the locals for right directions. During winters entire trail is covered with snow. So it is advisable to have mini spikes or very good grip shoes for this trail. The climb is a little steep in the beginning and will remain so till you reach Juda Ka Taal. Juda Taal is a small pond surrounded by pine forest all around. If you go there in winters you will find it frozen. Juda-Taal is a beautiful campsite and one can reach Juda Taal by lunch time. It takes around 3-4 hours to reach Juda-Tall from Sankri.
The trail to Kedarkantha Base Camp is little steeper than the one you encountered yesterday. After about an hour of steep climb the forest gives way to a small meadow which during winters is a breath taking site. It is a point where the view opens up and you can have a 180 Degree view of some of Himalayan peaks like Bandarpoonch, Swargarohini, Black Peak. This is another place to take a short break and imbibe the beauty. It takes another 1 or 2 hours to reach the base camp of Kedarkantha. It is again very beautiful campsite where you can see all those glistening peaks when you sit near your camp in the evening.
Today’s summit day and we will start early in the morning before break of dawn. Whenever you go for a summit always try to make it to the summit before sunrise. The view from the summit is mesmerizing when you see those rays of rising sun kissing the mountain and those peaks changing color every passing second. Once you get over this amazing show of light and colours, try to acquaint yourself with a little knowledge of peaks all around you. There is a 360 deg view of snow clad mountains. You can see Gangotri, Yamunotri and Kinner Kailash mountain ranges from here. It’s place where once can spend endless hours but after spending a couple of hours there it’s time to head back to the camp for the night. Tonight’s campsite is Hargaon.
Today is the final day of the trek and it’s time to head back home. After breakfast we will start our descent to Sankri. The descent is pretty steep and one needs to take extra care in winters as those steep slopes become very slippery. It will take around 4 hours to descenddown to Sankri from Hargaon. Trip ends once we reach Sankri. For those who have booked the return transport upto Dehradun with us, the vehicle will leave immediate after we arrive in Sankri. If you are booking DehradunDelhi transport on the same night it is advisable that you book bus or train around 11 in the night.
- Tented Accommodation on sharing bases. Sleeping bags and rubber mattress
- All meals (Morning tea, breakfast, Lunch, Evening tea snacks, and Dinner) (only veg.)
- Forest entry Fees and Camping charges.
- Guide Charges, Helper, Specialist trek Leader.
- Safety equipment, Medical equipment (First aid)
- Trekking gear includes. (Crampons, Gaiters, and trekking poles if required).
Exclusion in cost during the Trek
- Any expense of personal nature of visitor will not be entertained from our side, and he/she will solely responsible for the same.
- Off loading charges will be extra, So carry only essential items.
- Transport to sankri and from sankri.
- Any other trekking gear, (Shoes, Jackets etc also available on rent basis in sankri. So in place of buying you may carry on rent basis.)